Dr. Kris Maloy
Professor/Instructor of Music at the University of Texas at Austin, Oklahoma City University, The University of Central Oklahoma, the Edmond Jazz Lab, and the Academy of Contemporary Music (Oklahoma City’s “School of Rock”)
- Piano lessons integrating traditional classical skills with pop music styles and playing by ear
- Award-Winning Composer and Performer with performances at Carnegie Hall and by “The President’s Own” United States Marine Band
- Dedicated, Experienced, Excellent Teacher with students working in pop music, TV and film, on Broadway,in jazz, and in classical music
- Students accepted to Juilliard, Berklee, the Royal College of Music in London, and more
- 1-on-1 lessons or small group rates available
- Instruction in all styles: Pop/Rock, Classical, Jazz, Country, Worship, and more
- Band/Ensemble coaching
- Songwriting/Composition/Arranging for any ensemble
- Music Concepts Study up to and including AP Music Theory
- Instruction at home studio or students’ homes (for NoCo residents) or anywhere in the world via Skype
email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started!
While I can teach traditional piano lessons, I specialize less in traditional piano and more in “teaching Music at the piano.” My unique method is designed to incorporate playing by ear, reading music, creating, and most importantly, understanding music. These lessons will help you become a stronger musician, regardless of what instrument(s) you play.
Music is best experienced when you are “Serious about having Fun!” Music is a discipline, and it takes work, but the work should be enjoyable (well, at least almost all the time!). While I am capable of teaching students at advanced and professional levels, or preparing more-serious students for college-level music study, I enjoy working with students of all levels and helping them grow in their abilities in—and enjoyment of—music.
Studio Tuition and Policies:
I work with students at their homes, or in my home studio, or elsewhere as agreed upon, or anywhere in the world over the Web. As my tuition rates are based on lesson location, lesson length, and the age/level of the student as well as their personal needs, I encourage students and parents to please contact me directly to discuss tuition rates for various options.
Usually, lessons are 1 per week, but students who wish to progress faster may schedule 2 lessons per week, and I am open to lessons every other week by special arrangement. I will accept tuition monthly or weekly, or by the semester as requested.
- Monthly and semester-long tuition is due in advance, weekly tuition at lesson appointments.
- I will provide a “+2” grace period (i.e. 2 sessions unpaid) after which no further lessons will be offered without payment in full.
- Cancellations reported at least 24 hours in advance will be rescheduled at no penalty when possible.
- Everyone is entitled to 1 “fumble” (missing your lesson without reporting) per 6 months. After this “free” miss in that time period, lesson tuition will be due for that time slot.
- Our first session together will be a discussion—with students and parents as appropriate—about goals, and every so often we will re-evaluate these goals as we progress.
Music can be a wonderful journey of discovery with countless lifelong benefits. I’ll be your guide, and we can make the journey together!